Electrical Power Engineering
The two-year follow-up master's degree program Electrical Power Engineering is focused on the education of engineers with a broad base of knowledge of theory and practical applications in the field of energy, electrical engineering and related economics. The aim of the Power Engineering study program is to offer such a university study, which is focused on the whole field of electricity and which will provide students with basic engineering knowledge and skills related to production, transmission, distribution and use of electricity in the current needs and future development of electricity. Thanks to high-quality theoretical education and a broad universal basis of application-oriented field study, the high adaptability of the graduate to all specific requirements of his future professional practice is ensured.
The study program Electric Power Engineering enables the graduate to acquire qualified knowledge in the field of production, transmission, distribution and use of electricity and economics within the current needs and future development of electric power engineering. The spectrum of knowledge ranges from theoretical knowledge to practical applications. The graduate is qualified in the field of power engineering and electrical engineering. The graduate is able to apply the acquired knowledge and skills in research, development, design and operation of demanding equipment in power engineering, power engineering and heavy current electrical engineering. In all these areas, he is also able to hold higher technical-managerial and managerial positions. The graduate can also continue his / her studies in doctoral study programs.
The graduate will acquire basic engineering knowledge and skills, which he / she will professionally profile, especially in areas related to:
- with the basic problems of electricity transmission,
- the operation of distribution and industrial networks, the nature of the failure conditions of these networks, the way in which they are protected and the standards currently used to assess the reliability of electricity supply, - with the current state and operation of power station equipment, especially at the level of HV and VHV and with the theoretical foundations of dimensioning of distribution equipment and conductors, - with basic mathematical models for the control of interconnected electricity systems, with power flow calculations and voltage regulation, with frequency control and with dispatch control, - with transients in the electricity system, - with the production of electricity in power plants and heating plants, with the operating conditions of synchronous alternators and methods of their protection, with the dimensioning and control of sources for the power plant's own consumption,
- with the theory of basic and special types of electrothermal heating and their technical applications,
- with the basics of lighting technology and basic information on lighting components, with the principles of light measurement, with the evaluation of lighting and with light sources,
- with basic and direct connections and dependencies between problems and topics of a purely technical nature in the field of electricity and between economic aspects of the problem,
- with selected parts of mathematics and physics,
- with the issue of power quality and EMC, diagnostics in the power industry, high voltage technology, the operation of renewable sources and nuclear power plants and more.
How to apply
The procedures begin with the submission of an electronic application form. After being filled in, the document has to be printed, signed, and sent out by post (preferably a registered postal service) to the FEEC BUT, including the required attachments.
An application will be considered only if the appropriate charge of EUR 24 has been paid.
When applying, proceed as follows:
- Choose a study programme.
- Fill in the application form
- Pay the charge of EUR 24 (you will receive the details after submitting the application) and send out the signed form, together with all relevant supplementary items, to the FEEC.
The application and charge payment deadline for the academic year 2022/23 is March 31, 2022; the supplementary documents to accompany the application form are specified below.
What are the required documents?
- A certified copy of an original degree certificate or an equivalent item of evidence issued by a foreign higher education institution to confirm the completion of studies (a copy of the applicant’s BSc. or BEng. certificate)
- A letter validating the recognition of foreign higher education.
These records (namely, their official hard copies) are obtainable from the competent regional authority and must be delivered to the FEEC in Czech or English, not later than April 15, 2022.
Where the applicant cannot provide a certificate of recognition, they are allowed to submit, before or on April 15, 2022 and at the fee of CZK 700, a request for the assessment of education compatibility.
If, for any reason, the documents specified above are not deliverable to the FEEC within the deadline, the applicant may seek an extension, via a well-substantiated request to be submitted before or on April 15, 2022.
You will find complete information about admission here.
Do you have any firstname.lastname@example.org
Other study programmes