Agriculture is essential for the future of mankind and we have to adapt to the changing environmental conditions. To achieve this, the world needs good specialists in research with practical skills who can navigate the competitive demnds of the age.
Genrral Agriculture is a field of study for graduates of agriculture, science or food production who want to enhance their overal knowledge of plant and animal production as well as the details of production mechanisation. In the course of the Master study the students learn details of running animal and plant production companies, plant and animal production systems, current organic and sustainable farming issues. Great attention has been paid to the matters of healthy food sources, safe food and healthy environment. Students learn farming policies and principles of modern management approaches.
- well-versed in the typical crops planted for human or animal consumption as well as industrial and energy crops in the EU and their agro-technical requirements,
- able to identify factors influencing the production of a specific crop in a specific location,
- able to calculate the potential yield of crops in different cropping systems, and design and manage the most appropriate harvesting and primary product pre-processing approach,
- know the main groups of animals bred in the EU and farm animal husbandry production goals.
- able to recognize the factors determining production capacity as well as the quality of production in terms of animal husbandry production systems and recognize biological (welfare) limits,
- acquainted with typical primary agricultural product processing technologies for the purposes of food production.
- know animal feeds and the rudiments of processing industrial crops,
- able to choose and economically assess the suitable processing of primary products in typical commodity verticals,
- can communicate with farm specialists in at least two languages and monitor work processes in primary agricultural production as well as by-product processing or providing services in agriculture,
- able to act independently in evaluation and market application and verify the best way to monetize agricultural primary and secondary products.
- English level at least B2;
- general Agriculture test;
- nostrification - obtaining a certificate of recognition of previous education;
- study contract - signing study contract and paying the tuition fee.
What surprised me is how friendly the lecturers are and how easy it is to find materials to study. My program has a huge link to what am doing now. I am currently working with different organisations to come up with agricultural solutions tailored for Zambia.
Do you have any email@example.com
Other study programmes