Landscape Management and Engineering
PhD students prepare for the needs of research, development, higher management and the pedagogical-scientific basis of the field. The purpose of the course is to deepen and improve knowledge of scientific disciplines of landscape engineering and construction for forest functions, especially in the field of landscape water management, forest constructions, integration of constructions into the landscape, wooden structures in landscape creation and protection, landscape and spatial planning, landscape ecology and landscape revitalization, including water-course revitalization. Emphasis is placed primarily on the ability to apply acquired knowledge in solving complex scientific research and practical projects in the field of landscape engineering and construction to fulfil forest functions, the ability to assess proposed biotechnical and technical solutions from the landscape perspective and its irreversible disturbance, beyond the scope of normal engineering-technical procedures.
Within their areas of competence, the graduate is able to combine elements of knowledge of the natural environment and elements of knowledge of building structures in the landscape, along with their design and management. The basic output of the PhD course is the student's ability to resolve, at the level of scientific research and special-application, issues of so-called landscape biotechnology, i.e. in general, to solve specific problems in the landscape with the use of both building work and natural construction processes and their mutual combination. This will be part of a multifunctional concept of biotechnical measures within the landscape in the process of optimizing the use of landscape area.
- original validation (nostrification) document on recognition of university education in the Czech Republic according to binding Czech regulations;
- curriculum vitae (structured, EUROPASS format preferred);
- copy of foreign diploma or a document in lieu of the foreign diploma;
- list of publications and other creative activities;
- outline of topic of dissertation thesis (aim, hypothesis, general overview of the issue – essential publications list, all within one A4 page);
- average grades during master's (engineering) studies;
- any other reference documents (references from an employer, a specialist in the field, evidence of traineeships, etc.).
Do you have any email@example.com
Other study programmes