Bioengineering (Double Degree)
The Bioengineering study program offers university studies in the field of design and development of electronic devices and software applications applied in the field of medicine and biology. The aim of the study is to prepare biomedical engineers for work in positions in companies focused on the medical segment and in research or development teams. Graduates will gain a good basis for independent scientific work and for continuing in doctoral study programs at domestic and foreign universities. The overall goal of the study program subjects is to educate employees for positions in companies that provide development and production of electronic medical systems, devices and software development for clinical practice, to educate top experts with quality knowledge in bioengineering and applied informatics who are able to cooperate. in highly interdisciplinary teams and participate in the rapid development of technologies for medicine. The aim of the study program is also to provide a quality basis for future students of university doctoral programs focused on medical electronics, medical informatics, medical imaging and more.
A graduate of the Bioengineering study program, he is an engineer who has a broad technical and IT basis in the areas of medical device design, artificial intelligence, cell engineering, medical imaging and biological data processing.
The graduate will be able
- work in an interdisciplinary team of doctors, biologists, computer scientists and technicians, will be very well prepared linguistically and has quality soft skills, including project activities,
- work with scientific and professional information, present and defend the results achieved,
- further educate and develop their knowledge and skills in line with the rapid development of knowledge in the field of biomedical engineering and medical informatics,
- continue further studies in doctoral study programs.
Graduates will be able to
- apply in companies that provide development, production, distribution and service of medical devices, devices and software intended for clinical practice,
- work in interdisciplinary teams of top research centers as a researcher,
- hold positions in clinical operations, hospitals, laboratories and tissue banks.
How to apply
The procedures begin with the submission of an electronic application form. After being filled in, the document has to be printed, signed, and sent out by post (preferably a registered postal service) to the FEEC BUT, including the required attachments.
An application will be considered only if the appropriate charge of EUR 30 has been paid.
When applying, proceed as follows:
- Choose a study programme.
- Fill in the application form
- Pay the charge of EUR 30 (you will receive the details after submitting the application) and send out the signed form, together with all relevant supplementary items, to the FEEC.
The application and charge payment deadline for the academic year is March 31; the supplementary documents to accompany the application form are specified below.
What are the required documents?
- A certified copy of an original degree certificate or an equivalent item of evidence issued by a foreign higher education institution to confirm the completion of studies (a copy of the applicant’s BSc. or BEng. certificate)
- A letter validating the recognition of foreign higher education.
These records (namely, their official hard copies) are obtainable from the competent regional authority and must be delivered to the FEEC in Czech or English, not later than April 15.
Where the applicant cannot provide a certificate of recognition, they are allowed to submit, before or on April 15, and at the fee of CZK 750, a request for the assessment of education compatibility.
If, for any reason, the documents specified above are not deliverable to the FEEC within the deadline, the applicant may seek an extension, via a well-substantiated request to be submitted before or on April 15.
You will find complete information about admission here.
Do you have any email@example.com
Other study programmes