Economic Policy and Public Administration / Finance
PhD study programmes are at the very top of university education programmes and students can reach this level only after achieving Bachelor's and Master's degree. PhD study programmes are open to holders of a Master's degree in corresponding subject areas who are interested in scientific work in a research-oriented environment. The standard duration of PhD study programmes at FBE MENDELU is three years.
The main objective of the PhD study is to prepare students for scientific work. This is achieved by providing students with specialized training in a relatively narrow field, focused on the student's creative and research activities. Study contents are based on an individual study plan which is developed by the student and his tutor at the very beginning of the study. In the first two years of PhD study students take exams, but must also work on their PhD theses and publish their first scientific papers. The third year of study is usually devoted only to work on the thesis. After a successful defence of the thesis the student is awarded the PhD degree.
The degree can be taken in a full-time or a part-time form. Students in full-time study form attend the University regularly. Apart from meeting the requirements stated by the study plan students also work as teachers. Students in the part-time form of study do not have to attend the University regularly but they have to attend consultations and take part in other events related to fulfilling their study plan according to the guidelines set by the tutor.
Finance is an accredited degree program within this doctoral program. It is open to all graduates of the master's degree program “Economic Policy and Public Administration”, or related programs. Due to the organization of studies (based on individual work of a supervisor and his/her student) and the capacity of the supervisors (from among professors and associate professors), it is possible to admit about 10 students per year to this program only.
Announcements about the admission procedure can be found here. The purpose of the entrance examination is to determine the applicant’s achieved expertise, publication results, and his/her skills for independent scientific, creative and research-oriented activities as well as – especially for candidates for full-time students – prerequisites for teaching.
Course of study:
In terms of professional and academic study content the student focuses on at least four professional disciplines and one language. First and foremost are the three mandatory courses:
- Economy – supervised by Department of Economics,
- Science methodology – supervised by Department of Statistics and Operation Analysis,
- Theory of Finance – supervised by Department of Finance.
Furthermore doctoral student chooses at least one specialized course from the following options:
- International Taxation and EU Tax systems – supervised by Department of Accounting and Taxes,
- International Accounting Standards – supervised by Department of Accounting and Taxes,
- Theory of Banking and Insurance – supervised by Department of Finance,
- Mathematical and Statistical Methods – supervised by Department of Statistics and Operation Analysis,
- Economic Policy and Public Administration – supervised by Department of Finance,
- Administrative and Business Law – supervised by Department of Law and Social Sciences.
- entrance examination;
- the intent of dissertation + CV;
- nostrification - obtaining a certificate of recognition of the previous education.
Do you have any firstname.lastname@example.org
Other study programmes