International Business and Management
The International Business and Management Master's programme with academic focus aims to educate experts highly qualified to manage companies on an international scale with their expertise including the related managerial, business, and economic aspects, who can work in middle and top management positions, particularly those of international organizations and corporations.
The degree programme follows the Bachelor's programmes offered by the BUT Faculty of Business and Management. A graduate in the Business and Management Master's programme with academic focus may continue to study the Company Management and Economics doctoral programme offered by the BUT Faculty of Business and Management.
The graduates of the follow-up International Business and Management Master's programme with academic focus (IBM) will be prepared for international management of companies and leadership of inter-disciplinary and inter-cultural teams at multi-national as well as national (domestic) organizations and corporations in line with the trends of the global environment and their impact on national specifics. They will gain a comprehensive theoretical background and skills for managing enterprise activities and processes developing international business activities of organizations and corporations, thus, improving their competencies for successful work in managerial positions of multi-national or domestic organizations and corporations operating on an international scale. The International Business and Management Master's programme with academic focus is strongly global-environment-oriented taking into account impacts on national specifics. It is taught in English offering a comprehensive view of each aspect of international management of companies along with the related managerial, business, and economic aspects.
Graduates in this programme will be able to critically analyze the problems arising in the processes of managing organizations and corporations on an international scale focusing on their business activities, and propose strategic managerial solutions based on their theoretical background and specific expertise as well as on their practical skills and competencies. Thanks to the managerial, economic, and business skills acquired, they will be able to define the problems to be solved by interdisciplinary teams, to efficiently coordinate the activities of teams finding solutions with respect to the international environment of organizations and corporations.
Graduates will understand the economic and political processes in the world and particularly in the EU, being able to critically assess the current economic and political challenges and impacts on the environment of organizations and corporations.
Graduates will also gain deep knowledge on and broad understanding of economic theories related to trade, marketing, and management, gaining insights into the concepts and methods corresponding to the current state of knowledge in the above fields. They will be able to conduct research as independent experts.
1. First, an applicant will submit an application for study meeting the requisites required by Art. 13.
2. Following a recommendation by the examination board, the Dean will decide about admission (Art. 17). The recommendation by the examination board is based on the assessment of the below written English documents submitted by the applicant:
- a) letter of motivation;
- b) official documents certifying current or completed higher-education study and the grades of the passed exams as well as other professional activities thought of as important by the applicant, applicants who have studied at a university abroad must submit a document pursuant to Section 48 Par. 5 of the Act;
- c) an official document certifying the completion of the highest-level English exam. An applicant must submit all of the above documents by 15th May 2019. If the applicant fails to do so, a basic condition has not been met and the admissions will be terminated.
3. In assessing written documents, a maximum of 30 points may be obtained for the motivation letter (Par. 2 Item b)), a maximum of 70 points for the documents listed in Par. 2 Item c), and a maximum of 25 points for the English test. The maximum of the points obtained for the documents is 125. The applicant will receive a grade of "succeeded" if he or she has obtained at least 10 points for the letter of motivation (Par. 2 Item b), at least 20 points for the documents (Par. 2 Item c)), and a minimum of 8 points for the English test (Par. 2 Item d)) . Otherwise, the applicant will be given a grade of "failed."
4. A condition necessary for admission is the successful completion of a bachelor or master programme in the sense of Art. 5 Par. 2 Item a).
5. An applicant may inspect all of the materials relevant for his or her admission to study at the Faculty study department on 20th June 2020.
Complete rules and requirements for admissions to Master study programme at the Faculty of Business and Management of the Brno University of Technology for the academic year 2020/2021 can be found here.
Do you have any firstname.lastname@example.org
Other study programmes